Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rest in Peace, Boy

Woke up this morning and went to feed my 2 hamsters. As I opened the cage of one of them to put fresh food inside, the usual rushing out of my hamster to eat the food did not happen. I shook the little house inside the cage where the hamster like to hide in and also no movement. I feared the worst. I opened the house and saw my poor hamster dead. Sadness overwhelms me.

Just last night, I was playing with it for a little while, it was still trying to get out of the cage but I did not allow it. I just teased it and switched off the lights and off to bed. And that was the last time I see it alive. Roughly 2 years and 1 month it had been with me, occasionally biting me but also bringing me some laughter. Average life span of a hamster 2-3 years, I guess its life was well lived.

Hope you died peacefully, when I found you inside the little house, cuddled in a corner, surrounded by tissue paper, I couldn't help but feel sad and my mood for the day was gone. You are afterall my first live pet I personally reared.

Rest in Peace, Boy

No comments: