Thursday, July 9, 2009

Songs I Like

2 posts in a night for me! haha

Recently I have been humming songs in the shower. But I realised that I have been humming the same songs every time. This leads me to think that all these songs are actually the songs I like most. Some of this songs have a history and will remind me of the past. Just a list of the songs I like most in no particular order:

1) Eternal Flame by the Bangles: Grew up listening to this song in my dad's car. Whenever this song plays, I will enjoy it very much, though I did not know the song title till I was older. What I like about this song is the simple tune and wonderful voices singing the song. 'Close your eyes, Give me your hand, darlin', Do you feel my heart beating, Do you understand, Do you feel the same"


2) Favourite Band is Scorpions but though I like most of their songs, there are a couple I like best. WInd of Change. Heard this in secondary on some tapes my brother bought. It was the very first time I got exposed to the Scorpions and I grew on to love it. The song has a fantastic tune and the way the lead singer sings it is perfect. Not to mention this song became their hit song as it coincidently signifies the fall of the Berlin Wall. "The wind of change blows straight, into the face of time, like a stormwind that will ring, the freedom bell'

3) Another scorpions love ballad You and I. Powerful ballad sung with good emotions. "You and I just have a dream, to find our love a place, where we can hide away'

4) Every rose has its thorns by Poison - This is 1 song I know the lyrics by heart. It kind of describe my feelings after my 1st breakup almost 10 years ago. 'Every rose has its thorns, just like every night has its dawn'

5) Lian Shang Yi Ge Ren by You Hong Ming - My fave KTV song. Not too difficult to sing haha and the lyrics are very nice! 'Fei yao deng dao ai yuan zou fen liang tou, cai zhi dao duo bu she ni zou' Translation - Must really wait till love is gone or seperated, then realised how relucant it was to let you go?

6) Unforgiven 2 by Metallica - Powerful Song, Powerful Voice. There are 3 songs titled Unforgiven 1, 2 and 3 by them but I like 2 the most. 'I take this key and bury it in you'

7) It must have been love by Roxette - Another song I grew up listening to in my dad's car. I can say this is one of the top 3 songs I like. Fantastic singer, nice but sad lyrics and wonderful music. "It must have been love, but its over now, it was all that I wanted, now I'm living without'

8) Love of a lifetime by Firehouse - Another powerful love ballad. A very simple song but the lyrics are written well. "I finally found the love of a lifetime, a love to last my whole life through'

That's the list for now. I know at least 50% of the lyrics by heart for the 8 songs above haha. As I was writing this post, the youtube video of Lian Shang Yi Ge Ren is playing in the background...guess I can sing this again in the KTV session that is on at the end of this month!

No comments: