Monday, July 7, 2008

Blind or simply don't bother?

Something very interesting happened this morning on my way to work and I simply have to pen it down. Peak hour at Bukit Batok Mrt station control, I walked towards the gantry. Normally, there are 3 gantries on the right side.

The gantries are in the order say 1, 2 and 3. Gantry 1 is the big one, where commuters can to and fro, gantry 2 is for entering and gantry 3 is for outgoing commuters. However, this morning, when I was approaching the gantries, there was a queue of at least 10 people at gantry 2. I was quite surprised. Seems that someone's card got problem, thus the queue. Initially I joined the queue but just after 3 seconds, I took a look at gantry 1 and saw it was marked with a X, which means no entry. Then I glanced at gantry 3, instead of the usual X, today it was the green tick and yet no one was using that!

I stride forward, pass the 10 people or so at gantry 2 and place my EZ link card at gantry 3. I entered without a hassle. This makes me wonder if this had been going on the whole morning!

Are the people blind or simply don't bother to check? As my friend said, Mondays mornings, most people are still in auto pilot mode. Perhaps she is right. hahaha

No comments: