Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sprained Ankle and Stretching Exercises

It has been 4 weeks since I last kicked a ball. Sprained my right ankle one fine Saturday morning, 5 mins into the game. I managed to play for another 2 hours or so. After which there goes my leg.

Even till now, if I try to bend my right ankle or put more pressure on it, it will hurt. It seems like an internal injury. I hope to shrug it off soon though. This coming Saturday, I will try to make my return to the game. Nothing too serious though, just easy play, to make my comeback slowly. I have been itching to kick a ball! hahaha

Just last night, I was reading a magazine when I saw this page which introduce 5 different exercises to boost core strength. This is useful for those who play active sports or simply just sit in office whole day. It will stretch your body and makes you more flexible. (Think YOGA)

Thinking that I should start to exercise after so long, I decided to try them. The first 4 was still managable. The 5th one was the killer. You are supposed to lie on your tummy (I put a folded blanket below to support). Then grabbing your ankles with your hands, you are to lift your torso and thighs up, then try to straighten your legs. Pure yoga stance I tell you. The end result supposed to look like a U shape. hahaha

The end result for me is that my whole back is aching for the whole of today. That is the result of 4 weeks of inactivity. In the midst of planning an exersise routine now though. Hope this routine helps afterall!

Motivate Motivate Motivate!

1 comment:

Jasmine Lee said...

hope ur ankle heals soon! lets work hard together :)